[TYPO3-core] Browser version support for next LTS

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Aug 15 19:25:40 CEST 2014

Hi Jigal et al.,

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> This will also mitigate the issue that the development is too
> developer-orientated. Unfortunately we have no vision or general
> direction team / person.

The persons at the ACME in Nürnberg seemed to share a rough idea of what to
do:
* generic concept fixes: workspaces, l10n, mobile
* cleanup and cleaner API
* cloud readiness, automatic deployment and automatic maintenance
* interoperability with other systems: REST, SOAP, custom APIs

For the frontend part, there is not much we can do further (except some
mobile/responsive helpers) and the backend mainly lacks a consistent API.

After all, all that vision foo is mainly bullshit, just because this is an
open source project. Nobody can be forced to work on issues and nobody is
going to work on issues that does not bother him.
After all, the only thing we can do are gentlemen agreements about what we
want to work on and what should not be done.

Next to that, the only real thing we might want to discuss are the formal
rules of development:
* commit rules
* team organization (official functions)
* code rules (CGL, etc)
* (feature integration)
* (feature deprecation)

Best regards