[TYPO3-core] DebugBar in the TYPO3 Backend

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Aug 12 09:01:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 12-8-2014 7:38, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> I just found this alternative: http://phpdebugbar.com/
>
> I'd like to get your feedback:
>   - Should we remove this functionality completely
>   - What are other benefits that I forgot about the current ExtJS debug bar?
>
> I'm actually in favor of moving this functionality to a separate
> (sys-)extension that handles this debugging (incl. UI) better, and using
> something else than ExtJS for that case.

This one looks great. We'll have to make some collectors for the core
debug functions (extbase? query debug? ...), but that won't be much of a
problem.

It could be separate sysext and it would be even better if it's enabled
if the installation is in development mode. It's an opportunity to unify
the debug output!

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor