[TYPO3-core] image width, height, maxW, maxH...

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) simonschaufi at guugelmail.de
Tue Apr 8 00:55:00 CEST 2014

Hi,
i am currently really struggeling with the meaning and the expected
behavior of image scaling and cropping. *I think* that some
*configurations* and some *combinations* just don't make sense and
produce a totally nonsense output.

I have even made a matrix with all combinations and i am really getting
crazy as TYPO3 (ok, imagemagick, graphicsmagick) does NOT do what I
expect to be the result.

Currently i have my test case only locally but i will make them public
soon. Will post the link later...

For now one thing:

I have an image of 500x500px.

I set:

maxW = 120
maxH = 140

What would you expect is the output?

I would expect a square image with 120x120. BUT what is TYPO3 rendering?
The output is 120x140.

I would ONLY expect the output to be 120x140 if i use the following setting:

width = 120
height = 140

Now there are other options like adding a "c" or "m" but they also don't
really work like expected.

My test results will prove that later...

I use graphicsmagick by the way.
--
Regards, Schaufi