[TYPO3-core] Moving Extensions out of the core into TER

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Sep 5 16:43:45 CEST 2013

@Roland,

that's what i meant with packages, they still can be shipped in a
package, but should then reside in typo3conf/ext.

Regards
Kay

Am 05.09.13 15:04, schrieb Roland:
> i hope these extensions will then not be forgotten by their developing
> teams and/or the TYPO3 integrators. maybe it could be helpful to mark some
> (of those) extnsions as "recommended/premium/xyz" in TER?
>
> roland
>

> Xavier Perseguers <xavier at typo3.org> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,

>>> Please keep in mind, that not everyone will migrate from an old(er)
>>> version but install TYPO3 the first time. Moving extensions from the
>>> core to TER makes sense but also introduces a hurdle: you have to use
>>> the EM to "activate" (install) certain features.
>>>
>>> Again, not a problem for experienced Integrators, but maybe an issue for
>>> newbies.
>>
>> This is not relevant as having a few of those extensions out of Core
>> would not make them part of the "feature set" of TYPO3 anymore. As such
>> there is no need to activate them. If ones wants OpenID (let's say it is
>> out of Core), then it is exactly the same process as integrating
>> OpenLDAP authentication. Same for linkvalidator, this would be similar
>> to installing additional_reports from TER.
>>
>> So the problem is solely for existing installs relying on some of these
>> system extensions which would not be "system" anymore and should be
>> fetched automatically to prevent a crash of the install.

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach