[TYPO3-core] Context sensitive package states

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:11:36 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing the new master with the new package manager (which
I think is pretty cool, so thank you for that!).

But I already experienced one drawback but maybe you have a solution for
that already. Otherwise I would report a new issue on forge:

Is it possible to load different packages for different contexts? In the
"old" system I could simply include an additional configuration file in
AdditionalConfiguration.php. There I could add additional extensions by
adding them to the configuration. This was very handy for development
extensions (like phpunit) which are not needed on the live system.

Cheers,
Alex