[TYPO3-core] 6.2 Feature Freeze rushing in today
ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Oct 15 10:13:18 CEST 2013
today we will release TYPO3 6.2 beta1, marking the start of "Feature
I will bring you more details on that later on, as we still have some
"last minute" work to do - where we could also need *your* help. By the
time of the release you will also get more information about the current
status, what was achieved, was will still be done etc.
For now, I would like to focus on a list of issues that we want to see
reviewed and merged before Feature Freeze:
1) FAL Related:
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24715/ Additional Metadata definition
=> This is being reworked by Fabien and is pretty "easy" to review:
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24747/ FAL "Metadata" Extractor Interface
=> Is being finished by Steffen Ritter, will need some reviews.
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24575/ Categories based File Collections
=> To review
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24558/ begin/maxItems FILES cOject
=> To review
FAL Translation Handling (see
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24751/ sys_file_metadata translatable
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24752/ translation "buttons" in Filelist
* https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24766/ Frontend translated
At this place I would like to give a round of applause for the
perseverance and dedication with which Steffen Ritter worked on these
FAL topics. It is an important area and deserves more attention.
2) Package Management API:
We introduced this new API on Sunday, fixed some bigger issues yesterday
and now there are some last ones left to review. Please check:
Tomas Maroschik is available for working on this matter further, if you
find any other Composer / Packaging / Autoloading / etc errors that are
not reported yet, please contact us!
3) These are the *priorities* at this point. There are some other
FEATURE's that have already quite some reviews, so there might be some
other "low hanging fruits" amongst the open reviews:
The plan is to prepare the release notes, news etc during the next
hours, and then package the state early afternoon. I want to have this
released at maximum 17h.
Thanks a lots for all your help and dedication!
TYPO3 CMS Core Developer
Release Manager TYPO3 4.5 & 6.2 LTS
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org
More information about the TYPO3-team-core