[TYPO3-core] Warnings in the Install tool

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Oct 10 13:26:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 10-10-2013 12:35, Oliver Hader wrote:
> purpose. Besides that, we talked about a setting to disable the update
> feature (e.g. using httpd ENV variable). The severity level of those
> issue should be "notice" or "warning"...

If the 1-2-3 installer was used on a new installation the messages about
write permissions should probably have the level "error" because the
installation can't be completed.

If the update feature is disabled certain messages (related to the
directories/symlinks which are involved in the autoupdate) could be
lowered to "notice". Maybe it's even better to not perform those checks
at all in that case.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor