[TYPO3-core] $GLOBALS['TSFE']->page using relative path to /uploads/media/ in media field instead of references

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Tue Oct 1 14:27:25 CEST 2013

Hi Francois,

IMHO IMAGE is for a single image, FILES is for multiple coming from
files, references, collections or folders. FILES is using IMAGE as well
for rendering a single image. Why should I use files, when it should be
possible by doing so with IMAGE standalone. That's TypoScript overhead.

I could not explain to my users that you need to use FILES for a single
image, while the IMAGE content object is around.

Even the FAL docs on the Wiki are referring to the IMAGE object [1].

And as shown, the second TypoScript part does what you expect. Only the
first one does not because the file path and names are in the media field.

Patrick

[1]
http://wiki.typo3.org/File_Abstraction_Layer#How_to_use_.22levelmedia.22_with_6.x_.3F

--