[TYPO3-core] Media-Element in 6.2

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 20:35:18 CET 2013

Hi,

imo it would be a great UX improvement if we could handle all the media in
the same way. Why should there be a difference between local media (some
images or movies) and "cloud" media (youtube movie etc).
For the editor there is no difference.

I think with the current implementation of files linked to content elements
it must be possible to (ab)use the file_reference to not only let it
reference to file in your own storage but also to link it to youtube links.

gr. Frans