[TYPO3-core] Howto add cached configuration (configuration API)

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 20:22:14 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to add some info to the configuration and TCA
with a nice API without polluting the cached bootstrap more then necessary.
My use-case for this is registering your own RecordCollection or
FileCollection type http://forge.typo3.org/issues/53910

So I want to call something like:

$registry =
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance('TYPO3\\CMS\\Core\\Resource\\Collection\\CollectionRegistry');
$registry->add('myKey', 'myLabel', array('some extra tca configuration');

The result would be some extra info in $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'] or
something similar and the TCA updated before it gets cached.
When the registry is asked for the registered types is can read this from
the cached $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'] info.

Can I add this to ext_tables.php, is the result of that cached or is this
also executed on every hit?

gr. Frans