[TYPO3-core] Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Thu Nov 21 10:19:32 CET 2013

Hi Ernesto

Am 19.11.13 23:54, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:
> Considering the expectations and the amount of installations that will
> be upgraded to 6.2 LTS during the next year and the time left until the
> planned release (3 weeks), our conclusion was very soon clear: We need
> more time to finish a stable final release (6.2.0) and are willing to
> postpone the release date for circa 3 months.

We planned certain projects depending on the communicated and "expected
to happen" release date. So on that side of the medal, we'll have to
change our plans due to the delay (for some of the projects, this means
the second shift now). That's not great an leaves at least a
not-so-sweet smell on the way TYPO3 as a product is recognized.

On the other side, we're fully with you and what was written in this
thread so far: Releasing in December would cause many many (!!!) more
troubles in the mid- to long-term.

+1 for postponing the launch and keeping feature-freeze until then, so
that everyone focuses on stabilizing + improving the now existing

Thanks for taking care - and the courage to change the schedule in favor
of quality!

Best wishes,

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list