[TYPO3-core] Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Nov 20 22:38:11 CET 2013

On 11/20/2013 12:13 PM, Markus Klein wrote:
> I mean "YES (NO) there will be no new branch". Sorry I was unclear here.
>
> No new features.
> No new branches.
> Yes to bugfix releases.
>
> And I would invite everyone to commit to a general "No work on new
> features" statement. ;-)

While I generally agree with you here and promise to not work on "the
next big thing" tomorrow :-) I have the feeling that even around
feature-freeze we had features that were "almost ready" and meanwhile
are ready which I'd appreciate to be considered (taking into account the
moved timeline) as to whether we'd still want to exclude them from LTS
or if it might be good/better to have them part of the
LTS-functionality. To put the image right: We're not just taking about
shipping them with maybe 6.3 instead of 6.2 but we're actually talking
about having things ready for users to use (in next LTS) or not having
them for the next maybe 3 years or so (as many many people will still to
LTS again imho).

Regards,
 Stefan