[TYPO3-core] Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 20 15:03:56 CET 2013

Am 20.11.13 14:41, schrieb Christian Reiter:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to add that I welcome this decision.
>
> In my opinion it is preferrable that 6.2 should be solid, rather than soon.
>
> The most vital point in my eyes being that FAL should be very solid,
> usable, have a stable data model that does not change quickly from
> version to version, and should handle common exceptions gracefully.

As I'm already using 6.1
I would like to have a FAL migration-wizard to 6.2 like 4.5 users get
for their installations. *sigh*

> It will be much easier to keep clients with TYPO3 if we migrate to the
> new LTS later but we can offer a system that has good stability.
>
> Even though I am currently working on some projects that were expected
> to go 6.2 this year.

the preparation for 6.2 would be easier if some of the new features/
behaviours alreday would be backported (as extensions?) to earlier versions
.. to get used to it
.. to get a smoother migration

bernd
--