[TYPO3-core] Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS
patrick.broens at typo3.org
Wed Nov 20 12:47:42 CET 2013
Very wise decision. Although preparing some websites to move to 6.2, I'm
very happy this decision has been made. Most of the current 4.5
installations depend on it and we need to deliver a rock stable LTS version.
Has any decision been made about extending the support for version 4.5
as well, or is this time frame still the same?
On 19-11-13 23:54 , Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> Hi friends,
> I just came back from the very inspiring TYPO3 Marketing Sprint
> "Communication Workshops". Friends from various teams were present, so
> we used the opportunity to talk a lot about the project. I am sure you
> will hear and read more about it soon.
> We also had a special "release team meeting" to discuss and assess the
> current state of the 6.2 development, expectations people have of it,
> and next priorities.
> There are several blockers still pending, and we consider those to be
> vital for the stability of the product. Namely:
> - FAL missing fixes / features / API
> - Workspaces Test-Cases followed by the IRRE fixes (i.e. needs to work
> to be able to use workspaces with tt_content with FAL)
> - Importer / Exporter with IRRE (needed to create T3D distributions with
> FAL references)
> - Distribution Packages
> - TCA (optimizations, performance, scalability)
> - Performance Class-Loader
> - Performance Extbase
> - Performance in general
> Considering the expectations and the amount of installations that will
> be upgraded to 6.2 LTS during the next year and the time left until the
> planned release (3 weeks), our conclusion was very soon clear: We need
> more time to finish a stable final release (6.2.0) and are willing to
> postpone the release date for circa 3 months.
> This timeframe is a bit longer because we have to consider the christmas
> and new years eve lack of activity and then make best use of January and
> February for stabilizing 6.2 further.
> During our discussion, a plan has been developed on how to really tackle
> the missing changes in the so called "stabilization phase", by using our
> own resources, but also counting on some sponsoring from third party
> interested customers and agencies.
> To provide the community with the chance to raise it's voice on this
> delicate matter, I invite you to participate in a quick debate to hear
> and consider your feelings about it.
> Please note that this is not an official announcement yet. The plan is
> to announce the exact details during the release of BETA2 on Thursday.
> Remember that we all wish to create the best release ever, and there is
> clearly some things missing. Everybody that is involved in the project
> know that this release is so important for maintaining the reputation of
> our beloved product, that we are pretty sure that this decision will be
> received with widespread approval.
> Kind regards,
TYPO3 Core Team member
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org
More information about the TYPO3-team-core