[TYPO3-core] Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 20 09:16:13 CET 2013

Am 19.11.13 23:54, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:

> Considering the expectations and the amount of installations that will
> be upgraded to 6.2 LTS during the next year and the time left until the
> planned release (3 weeks), our conclusion was very soon clear: We need
> more time to finish a stable final release (6.2.0) and are willing to
> postpone the release date for circa 3 months.
>
> This timeframe is a bit longer because we have to consider the christmas
> and new years eve lack of activity and then make best use of January and
> February for stabilizing 6.2 further.

instead of an unstable 6.2 in december with multiple bugfix-versions
(->6.2.5?)until march I prefer an official stable 6.2.0 in march.

everyone willing to use an unstable version in december may use a beta
(or any nightly build).

> During our discussion, a plan has been developed on how to really tackle
> the missing changes in the so called "stabilization phase", by using our
> own resources, but also counting on some sponsoring from third party
> interested customers and agencies.

maybe someone can create a virtual-machine-image or any addon
(extension?) to the normal package with an easy interface to pick up
patches for review.

easy in a way a non-programmer (integrator?) can test features and give
feedback, so more people can be involved in testing and improving the
next version.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html