[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 releases compatibility with PHP, MySQL and Browsers

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Tue Nov 19 09:24:07 CET 2013

Hi,

On 19.11.2013 07:29, Peter Russ wrote:
[...]
> As TYPO3 claims to be an enterprise content management system I would
> ask major companies using TYPO3.
> And I know for sure that some of them just have switched from IE6 to IE8.

Open Source is about the "personal itch". The development is done
volunteerly and most likely people tend to solve problems they are
facing themselves or are problems of their clients.

I am afraid probably very few *contributing* developers really care for
IE8.

Only chance imho is to raise money or pay someone to get that feature
shipped. Why do these major companies expect volunteers to put in their
valuable time to help them with their ancient software stack? For the
benefit of being able to say "because I spent one week of my work time
to support IE8 the XX company now is using TYPO3 CMS and a bunch of
people I don't even know can keep selling them services."?

Honestly, I really don't give a single pence or one minute of my spare
time to support IE8 as none of my clients use it for TYPO3 CMS Backend.

If you want it or know someone who want's it: get involved, test and
write patches, raise money, pay developers.

Is google not enterprise ready anymore because they dropped support for
IE <=9 ?

[...]

2 + 2cent = 4cent ;)
Peter