[TYPO3-core] Postponing 6.2 beta2

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Nov 12 23:17:04 CET 2013

Hi guys,

the day is almost over, and you might wonder where is the release of
TYPO3 6.2 beta2 which was planned [1] for today.

=== Postponing beta2 ===

Due to a lack of activity during these last two weeks, also some absence
on my part, we didn't reach the goals that we set for a "beta2" release
yet. While there are some important fixes already merged into the core
since introduction of beta1, we still have some homework to do to be
able to finish up a beta2 that is "almost release ready".

To be able to cope with that the release team decided to postpone the
beta2 release to:

	Thursday, November 21th, 2013

=== Important Issues / Trello Board ===

We set up a Trello Board [2] which lists the current "important issues"
that we want to tackle before the beta2 release. Please take a look at
it, and if you want to participate, here are some hints:

1) The colored tags denote the area they belong to (i.e. red = FAL,
green = performance and so on).

2) do not add any other cards to the board without consulting with me first.

3) if you are working on something (review or develop), please tag your
name to the according card. If you are not a member of the board yet,
register with Trello and pass me your username, please!

4) If you reviewed a "Needs Review" task, remove your name again once
you are finished reviewing.

5) If you developed some open task, move the card to "Needs Review" and
remove your name.

=== Bugfixing Weekend ===

We declare this Friday (15.11) and Saturday (16.11) as "Bug fixing days"
for 6.2. The active contributors and the release team will hang around
on IRC:

Network: Freenode  (i.e. chat.freenode.net)
Channel: #TYPO3CMS

Make sure you know how to contribute [3]. If unsure, use the opportunity
to get involved during these days.

So please contribute in order to at the end be proud to tell everybody
that you participated in the development of this great 6.2 LTS release!
We are proud to work on this great product. TYPO3 CMS is a community
effort. You can also be part of it.

Kind regards,
Ernesto

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-v62/wiki