[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 13:16:49 CET 2013

Hi!

Mathias Schreiber wrote:
> I don't really share this conclusion since the core ist filled up with
> conclusions like this.

Well, I did 10000 iteration, which is large enough and results are stable.
They can be different in other environments (I have an SSD disk). I posted
the source code with the hope that somebody else repeats the test :)

> C'mon Dmitry, I know you still got the micro-optimization thing in you :)

Yes. Mega "micro-optimization" thing actually :)

> The question that should matter is:
> Will things break by adding this change or is it a no brainer?

In our case changing from file_exists+require_once to @include_once will
not change the behavior because the former is equivalent to the latter.
Those 7% can vary greatly on different systems and we need more tests to
get useful statistics.

> It's not about the workload, I am currently forming an alliance to take
> care of this things.

I am in.

--
Dmitry Dulepov