[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Nov 12 12:16:37 CET 2013

Quote: Dmitry Dulepov wrote on Tue, 12 November 2013 10:32
> Results from slowest to fastest with self cost the equals sign:
> - file exists + file_exists + require_once = 13.04
> - file exists + @include_once = 12.10

7% increase.

> - file does not exist + @include_once = 8.30
> - file does not exist + file_exists + require_once = 2.77

199% increase.

> So having file_exists does not make much difference when the file really
> exists and speeds up the whole thing if the file does not exist.
>
> Conclusion: no need to get rid of file_exists.

I don't really share this conclusion since the core ist filled up with conclusions like this.
C'mon Dmitry, I know you still got the micro-optimization thing in you :)

The question that should matter is:
Will things break by adding this change or is it a no brainer?
It's not about the workload, I am currently forming an alliance to take care of this things.

So let's brainstorm and think about what could break.
If nothing can break (after all: we're loading files for christs sake) we should go for the change.