[TYPO3-core] Extbase validation, lazy loading and performance

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Fri Nov 8 09:43:23 CET 2013

Hi,
On 08-11-13 09:09, Nicolas de Haen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
> I could trace it down to the recursive validation (introduced in
> https://review.typo3.org/#/c/21428/).
> It loops recursive through the whole model and calls properties for
> validation, which were not called in 6.1.5 (they are annotated as @lazy).
>
> [...]

Yesterday I came across the same issue (in beta1) where, because of a
category -> subcategories -> products structure more than 40000 objects
were validated when selecting the top category, as the @lazy was not
taken into account.

For now I've done a quick hack by extending the CollectionValidator and
check whether or not the validated object is an instance of
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Persistence\Generic\LazyObjectStorage

There might be a nicer/better way but I could not find one.

Regards,
Peter