[TYPO3-core] Extbase validation, lazy loading and performance

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Fri Nov 8 09:09:55 CET 2013

Hi,

I tested 6.2-dev with a complex extbase application and found the number
of queries and function calls 3 times higher than with 6.1.5.

I could trace it down to the recursive validation (introduced in
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/21428/).
It loops recursive through the whole model and calls properties for
validation, which were not called in 6.1.5 (they are annotated as @lazy).

Additionally there seems to be an issue that recurrence of the same
object in different relations is not recognized.

So if you have a model like: Project m:n Teams m:n Members it results in
a lot of queries, if you call the show action for one project.

Alex Schnitzler already contacted me and we will have a look at it.

Concerning the discussed performance tests, it might be a good idea to
have some kind of reference extbase extension/package which can be
tested during development.

I think there is a high demand anyway, to have an up-to-date, best
practice example for an extbase extension/package. It would also help
me, to keep the ExtensionBuilder up to date (I'm planning a new release
for 6.2)

regards,
Nico

PS: sugestion for the package: maybe a bit complexer than the blog
example, what about a football package with teams, players, competitions
and example data?
FC Bigfoot would be back again!
;-)

--