[TYPO3-core] PackageManager fatal error in the core after uninstalling extension

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:29:32 CET 2013

Hi!

I removed an extension in EM (uninstall&delete) and now I cannot move
anywhere else because of the following error displayed both in BE and FE
and in the Install tool:

===================================
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message
'The package "install" depends on "typo3/cms/fluid" which is not present in
the system' in /*****/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Package/PackageManager.php
on line 608
===================================

Clearing typo3temp/Cache has no effect.

 From my investigation it looks like the PackageManager tries to build a
list of packages (extensions) and install comes before the fluid on which
it depends. This happens while the package manager tries to sort the
package list to load extensions in the right order.

Call stack:
1. {main}() /*****/typo3/mod.php:0
2. require() /*****/typo3/mod.php:33
3. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Core\Bootstrap->loadConfigurationAndInitialize()
4. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Core\Bootstrap->initializePackageManagement()
5. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Package\PackageManager->initialize()
6. TYPO3\Flow\Package\PackageManager->sortAndSavePackageStates()
7. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Package\PackageManager->sortAvailablePackagesByDependencies()
8. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Package\PackageManager->getAvailablePackageLoadingOrder()
9. TYPO3\CMS\Core\Package\PackageManager->buildDependencyGraph()
10.
TYPO3\CMS\Core\Package\PackageManager->buildDependencyGraphForPackages()
/*****/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Package/PackageManager.php:659

Any idea if this is a global problem or something is screwed up at my
installation?

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.