[TYPO3-core] [RFC] Upcoming Git changes

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon May 27 19:58:31 CEST 2013

Helmut Hummel schrieb am 27.05.2013 19:06:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Am 27.05.13 14:29, schrieb Michael Stucki:
>
>> there was no reaction from you after Ernesto's reply. Do you disagree
>> about the plans? Do have anything to add?
>
> No. Any way it is done, will be fine with me.
>
>> Here is the current state of the migration script which Thomas created:
>> https://gist.github.com/tmaroschik/6f1b36a71dbe0ab0e1f8
>
> This still does the history rewrite, doesn't it?

Only for the submodules (which required a complete rewrite).

The CMS history is unchanged, only the submodules merged into it are
added "on top" of the last known patch.

Thus, old push requests from submodules need to be resubmitted to the
new CMS repository (which makes sense anyway). But there is a clever
command line from Tom to do so - we will document that.

>> And this is the result of it:
>> https://github.com/tmaroschik/TYPO3-Core-Without-Submodules
>
> Haven't had the time to look into that.

Too late. :)

>> What we plan to do is this:
>>
>> 1. Announce a merge freeze
>> 2. Run the script again on the current repository (this will take 1.5-2
>> hours)
>> 3. Push the changes
>
> Looking forward to that.

News will follow shortly.