[TYPO3-core] RFC: CGL changes (closing php tag, multiline string concate)

Alexander Opitz opitz at pluspol.info
Mon May 27 19:16:28 CEST 2013

Heyho,

I've showed the advancements of the change in my point of view. Maybe
you don't see them like me and I don't know what some users changed in
the configuration of their editor of choice but removing the last empty
line? Never used diff unified?

Anyway, looks nice to have the red symbol on github for example, and
sometimes nice patch reading.

Anyway, most comments have one point "We did it the last 10 years, so we
will do it the next 10 years". Cool.

So here are my three points:
- I don't like switching the CGL between projects. I'm working with 4
(more or less) frameworks. Three are using PSR-2 and on the other hand
there is TYPO3.

- There may be integration of Doctrine2 in TYPO3 CMS using PSR-2
=> https://gist.github.com/BenMorel/4676670

- TYPO3 Flow uses components from Symfony which is using PSR-2
=> http://symfony.com/doc/current/contributing/code/standards.html

So I'm fine, if we do one step to PSR-2 instead of little small steps.

Greetings Alex//