[TYPO3-core] [RFC] Upcoming Git changes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 15 13:51:24 CEST 2013

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb am 15.05.2013 12:37:
> Hi.
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> This "thingy" has to be decided first, and requires some interaction
>> with the Flow/Neos team, because their current names aren't consistent
>> too (i.e. FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.FLOW3.git). Also we should not forget
>> that we want to include the "upstream fluid" directly in TYPO3 CMS at
>> some point, which is currently FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.Fluid.git.
>>
>> Complex topic.. It should be finished in a small team which knows the v4
>> and the Flow side of the requirements and has some foresight.
>
> Since we are in a Neos sprint this week and the topic already is on our
> whiteboard in the "housekeeping" corner, if in any way possible we
> should decide on a nming scheme today or tomorrow.
>
> Just get in touch.

Good to know, Karsten, thanks!

You maybe could include in your discussion if "Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git"
fits the scheme, and where to place future TYPO3 CMS Extensions. I am
not the naming expert, maybe Thomas, Stucki or some other "more deeply
involved" guy could get involved somehow.

I would be glad to read about your discussions and decisions here on
this list (or in some etherpad protocol, tweet, blog post ...). Keep us
informed! Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto