[TYPO3-core] [RFC] Upcoming Git changes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 15 11:53:55 CEST 2013

Hi Stucki,

I agree with all of that and it looks pretty good!

What is still missing is an important part: What *would* be the new name
of our repository?

There is a very confusing and not concluding brainstorming document here:

	https://notes.typo3.org/p/renaming-technical-todo

We have thought that the TYPO3v4's new name in GIT could be:

	git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git

But then lots of questions arose: Couldn't it be "Distributions"? What
about CMS-Extensions? Are they also Packages? etc etc..

This "thingy" has to be decided first, and requires some interaction
with the Flow/Neos team, because their current names aren't consistent
too (i.e. FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.FLOW3.git). Also we should not forget
that we want to include the "upstream fluid" directly in TYPO3 CMS at
some point, which is currently FLOW3/Packages/TYPO3.Fluid.git.

Complex topic.. It should be finished in a small team which knows the v4
and the Flow side of the requirements and has some foresight.

Cheers,
Ernesto