[TYPO3-core] Fixing system categories

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue May 14 14:39:08 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,

> IMHO we can leave this for the extension authors for the moment. Important
> is, that this feature works at all and that extensions can start to use
> those global categories.

So people will see categories attached to pages and content elements in
6.2 and will find nothing in the Core to use that information? I find
this rather silly and quite typical of the half-baked features that have
entered the Core recently I'm afraid to say (collections, categories and
logging come to mind spontaneously).

> More interesting could be to make HMENU render those categories. I am not
> sure if HMENU works for other table than pages ATM.

Probably not out of the box.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter