[TYPO3-core] Fixing system categories

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue May 14 14:26:39 CEST 2013

Hi François,

François Suter wrote:

> I would say the next step would be to provide usage in the Core. I was
> thinking that we could have new Sitemap/Menu types that would be "Menu
> of categorized pages" and "Menu of categorized content". But I have so
> little time to code for the Core, I'm not sure I can make it.

IMHO we can leave this for the extension authors for the moment. Important
is, that this feature works at all and that extensions can start to use
those global categories.

A bunch of custom menu types can be shipped via extensions.

More interesting could be to make HMENU render those categories. I am not
sure if HMENU works for other table than pages ATM.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!