[TYPO3-core] Login Form

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 10 10:09:06 CEST 2013

Hi Jigal van Hemert,

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9-5-2013 21:32, Philipp Gampe wrote:
>> The basic functionality is working, but it show some quite some flaws in
>> the current auth process:
>>
>> * There is no pre or post auth hooks.
>
> Push a patch ;-)

Will do.

>> * The first auth service with successful result result wins, now way to
>> chain them on success
>
> The first authentication service (sorted by priority) that validates a
> login causes a user to be validated. Do you want to invalidate a user by
> a lower priority service??
>
> There is a chain for unsuccessful validation; a service can say "not
> validated, ask the next service" or "not validated, stop trying".

You are right, the services are sorted by priority. The use-cases I have in
mind will be solved by the hooks.

>> * The login template is hard-wired with EXT:openid and RSA login
>
> It needs to be refactored indeed. Do you feel like working on this?

I am not yet sure. This would turn into a bigger task, because both normal,
rsa and openid support are effect. Plus we would need to maintain backward
compatibility (at least for LTS).
If I find some extra time, maybe I separate it at least so for that it is
possible to render different forms for different extensions.
But this needs more thinking, also UX wise.

>> * The hook for adding form fields only allows one hook to return a
>> nonempty string, if this happens, then the code continues without chance
>> for another hook to add fields
>
> Sounds like it needs a patch too.

That is not easy to solve, because this logic is hard wired into sv and rsa.

> I personally like to have BE users without a password and only OpenID
> login. This is currently not possible because the password field is
> mandatory.

Yes, we should leave such decisions to the services.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!