[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.2 LTS: Release Manager Election

Ernesto Baschny [cron] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu May 9 22:11:50 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

I gladly candidate to be the release manager of TYPO3 6.2 LTS.

We have already gathered some thoughts in our Active Contributor meeting
last weekend, and I clearly identify myself with the task. I am aware
that I am still the release manager of 4.5 LTS, but:

a) there is not much work left to be done in the last year and a half of
the 4.5 LTS life-cycle other than deciding upon certain backported fixes
and releasing from time to time.

b) I think the experience I have gathered during the last 3 years (since
kick off for 4.5 in 2010, during it's development until release early
2011 and the maintainance phase since then) enabled me to keep a good
overview of what the future CMS users expect and most importantly: what
can really be DONE with the team of contributors we have.

c) being not a "so active contributor" in the sense of "coding" in the
last years allows me to more clearly focus on the important job of
"managing" the development (most importantly "communicate", "inspire to
work", "enable the teams").

My focus thus will be once more: Communication about what's being done,
bringing people to work together and (very important) trying to help new
developers to kick start their contribution by providing some guidelines
of where we want to go.

Being a vital milestone in the TYPO3 CMS history, 6.2 LTS is clearly
"damned" to be the "next 4.5 LTS" for professional agencies. As an
agency owner myself I understand the importance of it.

Thus the expectations are very high, but this also feeds the motivation
of everbody working on this great product.

So I would be happy to actively help make it the best release ever.

Kind regards,
Ernesto Baschny