[TYPO3-core] Speed improvements in ClassLoader

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 26 09:24:48 CET 2013

On 25.03.2013, at 17:59, Alexander Opitz <alexander.opitz at netresearch.de> wrote:

>> XHProf for a view at what's happening inside.
>
> At the moment I use XDebug profiling, but it seems to have problems with
> include/exclude timing of functions. Maybe I'll get time to test XHProf
> again.

XDebug is of course still the preferred solution for getting more details and finding the
root cause of speed problems. But XHProf has the advantage to be much more lightweight
and you can use it in a production environment to take a few samples of a real world scenario.

One more ver powerful tool to look at is New Relic  (http://newrelic.com/) - if you go beyond
1 node it gets a bit costy, but in most projects which rely on good performance, it easily pays off.

Cheers,
Robert