[TYPO3-core] PHP version requirement

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Tue Mar 19 22:45:54 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

please read again:

| New releases may break the compatibility of software requirements if
| there is a good reason for it. Such changes should be announced on the
| Core Team mailing list before they are committed.

It does not exclude any changes, but it makes a prior announcement of
the change on the core list necessary. It will allow us to discuss the
change and decide if it is worth the price of breaking compatibility.

The class_alias() issue was definitely worth the price, but other
changes maybe won't. In any case it's good to raise awareness for the
situation.

IMHO that's still a huge step forward. Do you think there's anything
wrong with it?

Greetings, Michael