[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Fri Mar 15 12:26:53 CET 2013

Christian Kuhn schrieb:

> t3.org is heavily varnish driven, together with a nice redis driven
> caching framework configuration (brought to the core by me). Performance
> of that site has little to do with the core version. Maybe someone
> writes a cool article about the internals of the site.

You're right and wrong - from my point of view the Redis cache backend
didn't improve performance at all - memcache was just fine ;). Besides
that Varnish is a must-have of course.

Writing an article about the infrastructure of typo3.org would waste
time which is better used to prepare the 6.x+y migrations ;)

@actual-topic ... thx Benni

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--