[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Mar 2 11:01:36 CET 2013

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Opitz wrote:

> It is a short test, but after all, we still have a performance
> regression. :-(

17%, but you will see that this is close to random +/- you get.

I get a bit less, but still a small difference if I run with ab.

Anyway, the whole TCA is still parse as real PHP array, making this process
rather slow. The same is true for the huge class files like GeneralUtility.
Processing those files by PHP takes a lot of time.

We can serialize the array, then it will be much faster to load, but I do
not know about the current progress. Please ask Christian about this.
The current change is the base to do any further work, because now we do not
have to fear extensions that mess around with TCA in FE context.

In case of the huge classes, we can split them into smaller parts, leaving a
compatibility layer inside the file which will be much smaller than the
original code.

Also note that the whole construct uses the caching framework now, which
allows to further tune your setup to run from memory instead of the file
system.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!