[TYPO3-core] PHP version requirement

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Fri Mar 1 17:02:09 CET 2013

Hi Steffen,

> the official requirement is 5.3.7 as this is what the Release Team
> decided they will support.
> We know that we have implemented an Compatibility working around the
> Bugs of PHP before 5.3.7. As this Layer cannot fix all issues which
> might come up and we did not want to support it the official requirement
> was set to 5.3.7;

I think that shouldn't be ignored so easily, but never mind.

> The INSTALL.txt states the following:
> Since PHP below version 5.3.7 has a bug in correctly resolving type
> hints being in method signatures of interfaces - which need to be
> defined using a map for class aliases - we suggest to use at least PHP
> 5.3.7. Find more details here:
>  - https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=54624
>  - http://forge.typo3.org/issues/40653

Thanks, that was the missing part. I took that and just reported the
issue at Debian: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=702004

At least, good that 6.0 is not an LTS release. IMHO Debian support is a
must have requirement for TYPO3...

Greetings, Michael

--
Michael Stucki