[TYPO3-core] PHP version requirement

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Fri Mar 1 00:08:19 CET 2013

Hi folks,

I have been asked about the minimum version required for TYPO3 6.0.
According to the download page, it requires PHP 5.3.7 [1].

However, the PHP version used by Debian Stable is currently 5.3.3, and
the guy who created this issue is very right in my opinion that this
should be a major requirement [2].

I made some tests and installed an introduction site on a fresh Debian
Squeeze. As far as I can see, there are no problems.

I remember that there was one such issue, however it has been fixed
already a while ago: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/17180/

So, do you know about any remaining issues, or can we change that
version requirement and clarify that TYPO3 6.0 runs fine with Debian
Squeeze?

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings, Michael

[1] http://typo3.org/download