[TYPO3-core] Access denied for old security bug

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Jun 20 23:48:30 CEST 2013

Hi!

On 20.06.13 11:57, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> Nice idea to do it this way, unfortunately, this would introduce a
>> severe security problem. Please read my comment in Gerrit.
>
> Read your comments. Found nothing about *security* issue. Could you explain
> better? I thought carefully about the solution before pushing it.

It basically re-introduces the vulnerability we fixed before[1][2].

If I know the OpenID of a TYPO3 user, I can log in with *any* google
account, if it belongs to this OpenID or not.

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-core/typo3-sa-2010-001/
[2]https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git/commit/275af93acf617eee3b189b567289a58b70794c26