[TYPO3-core] Problem with relation fields, rootline and translations

Albrecht Köhnlein typo3 at koehnlein.eu
Thu Jun 13 13:59:02 CEST 2013

Hi list,

in a new project, I'm currently realizing with TYPO3 6.1, I have this
problem:

I have added a File Abstraction Layer field to table "pages". The
content of this field should not be localized, but shown in each language.

This is my TypoScript code:
----
lib.headerImage = IMAGE
lib.headerImage {
     file {
         import.data = levelfield:-1,header_image,slide
         treatIdAsReference = 1
     }
     file.width = 960c
     file.height = 200c
}
----

The image is shown correctly in default language, but not in the other
languages.

I searched the responsible code in core and found the class
"\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\RootlineUtility". There's a function
"enrichWithRelationFields()" inside this class and these hard coded PHP
lines:

(line 220)
$row = $this->enrichWithRelationFields(isset($row['_PAGES_OVERLAY_UID'])
? $row['_PAGES_OVERLAY_UID'] : $uid, $row);

(enrichWithRelationFields(), line 256 to 262)
if (isset($configuration['foreign_table_field'])) {
	if (intval($this->languageUid) > 0) {
		$whereClauseParts[] = trim($configuration['foreign_table_field']) . '
= \'pages_language_overlay\'';
	} else {
		$whereClauseParts[] = trim($configuration['foreign_table_field']) . '
= \'pages\'';
	}
}

When I remove all the overlay stuff in these lines for testing, I get my
correct result, so I think it's a bug or a missing feature in the core.

Or am I doing anything wrong and all my problem can be solved with
little configuring?

Regards,
Albrecht