[TYPO3-core] Flowplayer in TYPO3

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Wed Jun 5 18:48:19 CEST 2013

Am 04.06.2013 18:12, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:

> Christian, if you see any potential Core patch to make that easier, feel
> free to open an issue in our tracker and post a Review request on that.
> We are glad if you can help here.

I think i would patch this during package build and not in the official
core. I thought about adding some kind of is_file() check and in the
case of failure add some html, saying "flowplayer missing, download
here". But i didnt dig into that yet.

> Besides that, since you - Christian - have the "Debian Packaging"
> infrastructure already ready for TYPO3 packaging, it would be
> interesting to know if you see the possibility to create stable
> "official" .deb packages which *we* could provide on typo3.org from
> latest releases. Since our packaging server is Debian-based we could
> even package them at the same time we release it and thus keep our own
> "apt repository" for "cutting edge" TYPO3 packages.

Building the packages as such is not that hard. Its mostly a matter
of the right build chroot (for differend distributions) and
git-buildpackage. The problem is the typo3-database package which
is currently handmade.
But yes, with some(++) work it should be possible.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     pub 4096R/5117E119 2011-09-19
  Fingerprint: 3688 337C 0D3E 3725 94EC  E401 8D52 CDE9 5117 E119