[TYPO3-core] Flowplayer in TYPO3

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Wed Jun 5 18:01:08 CEST 2013

Am 03.06.2013 19:43, schrieb Ernesto Baschny:

>>> Maybe we could even remove it from Core altogether and provide an
>>> Upgrade Wizard for fetching it from TER if required.
>>
>> Which would also solve the problem, that whenever flowplayer has
>> a security issue, the whole TYPO3 core has to be updated.
>
> This might be also be seen from the positive side, as the core updates
> are much more easily and painlessly applied than updates of extensions
> from TER.

Yes, that can be, but i see it more from a publicity point of view.
Most people do not distinguish between TYPO3 core and embedded 3rd party
code.  If flowplayer or any other embedded 3rd party code has an issue,
you have to write an advisory for TYPO3 and the overall impression is,
that TYPO3 is vulnerable.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     pub 4096R/5117E119 2011-09-19
  Fingerprint: 3688 337C 0D3E 3725 94EC  E401 8D52 CDE9 5117 E119