[TYPO3-core] Flowplayer in TYPO3

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon Jun 3 23:40:05 CEST 2013

Tolleiv Nietsch schrieb am 03.06.2013 22:42:

> Hi
>
> Ernesto Baschny schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> c) not ship typo3 in debian at all.
>>

> c) would be my answer, because for me it feels wrong to have a debian
> package for an php application in the first place. But this might be a
> misconception of what I use debian package for. So it would basically be
> interesting how many people actually use that package from debian -
> before we answer that question ;)

Technically I also tend to agree with Michi and Tolleiv on that.

But I guess the main appeal of having TYPO3 packages in Debian "main" is
from the marketing aspect:

a) it makes our CMS "findable" to all Debian users. It might even make
TYPO3 known to users which are simply searching Debian packages for "CMS".

b) it somehow emphasizes that the product is not only stable but also
continually maintained as has been in Debian for some time already.

c) Drupal and Wordpress are also distributed through Debian "main". :)

So I like the idea of http://typo3.org/debian own repository for
typo3_src with "auto-creation" of the package upon newer releases.

But I still consider it vise to somehow try to keep TYPO3 CMS in Debian
"main", at least as a "kick start". Maybe the package description could
even reference our own APT repository for the potential users to get
updated more regularly.

Regards,
Ernesto

--