[TYPO3-core] space explosion (Was: The documentation patch has landed :-) )

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jul 16 08:19:04 CEST 2013

Am 15.07.13 22:53, schrieb François Suter:

> but I don't think that this is really critical as a download of the
> 6.1.1 source is a total of 54 MB.

ouch :(
I hope this is only an intermediate state.
I do not like to download and store those much files for a TYPO3
installation.
I understand the need for a lot of code for a big update, but for a new
or running installation that seems a lot of unneccessary code (given
that earlier versions fit in half that space)

maybe there is stuff which can be moved to extern for tasks not needed
in everyday work.
Back to topic: therefore some documentation less than 1% of the people
ever read inside their installation is the least problem

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html