[TYPO3-core] Invitation Grid Elements 2.0 Code Sprint

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 2 15:26:58 CET 2013

>> We are especially looking for people who are experienced with TCEmain
>> and/or the list module. And we would really appreciate some people of
>> the core team to join us, since we want to make sure that the stuff we
>> want to create does not conflict with future TYPO3 versions. But other
>> developers are welcome as well.
>
> Maybe it would make sense to start to discuss upcoming changes already
> right now as I doubt that a single or 2 core team members can really
> decide alone if big changes should happen within the core.

Well - it's not about big changes _within_ the core but about making
sure we get the necessary information about upcoming changes _of_ the
core so we can provide solutions within grid elements accordingly. So we
might avoid situations that we already got with i.e. drag & drop.

Actually we would just need similar hooks in the list module as we
already got in the page module, which would be enough for the
improvements we are planning.

> It would be really a pitty if peopled paid 30k and the wrong decisions
> are taken in the beginning.

Which is why we are providing grid elements as an extension, so we can
make sure that people will get what they paid for :-)

Still we want to stay as close as possible to the current functionality
of the core, which is why we are asking for members of the core team to
join us.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian