[TYPO3-core] Becoming inactive in the Core Team

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Jan 2 14:23:35 CET 2013

Dear team mates,
dear Olly (as team leader),
dear TYPO3 community,

I hereby want to downgrade my Core Team membership to the "inactive" status.

I decided to take this step as I don't want to be just another face on
the long list of team members [1] and to narrow down the honor of being
listed there.
The credits for maintaining the CMS belong to only a couple of really
active and diligent team mates (and numerous diligent contributors, too,
of course)!

After being a member for almost 2.5 years with the last year of doing
kind of nothing (except the Logging project for 6.0) and - way more
important - loosing the self-commitment to feel responsible for our
software (doing important bug fixes, being available for urgent security
reviews etc.), I don't feel like I still deserve the title to be called
an (active) Core Team Member. Also, I'm lacking a lot of daily routine
due to not using TYPO3 in may day-to-day job.

But you will still hear from me regularly and I will continue working
for the TYPO3 community like I did already last year: focussed on Server
Admin Team work.

Yours
Steffen

P.S: If we will be able to have +2 access to inactive members (with an
additional role), I would take them.
P.P.S: I can't remember if anybody from my team mates ever declared
his/her inactivity in public, but as internals suck and as I think
membership changes are also of interest for the "outside world", I
wanted to post this in the public list.

- --
[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-core

Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks