[TYPO3-core] Age of developers

Bernhard Kraft kraft at web-consulting.at
Mon Feb 25 13:23:27 CET 2013

Hello !

On 15.02.2013 10:01, Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> I start with myself:
> Bernhard Kraft, 32 years, born 1980

To sum this up:
The usual TYPO3 core developer was born in 1979 and started learning IT
on some ancient hardware :)

My (our families) first PC was a 286DX with 12/18 MHz (Turbo button -
like todays CPU frequency scaling). I started with writing Batch
programs and QBasics programs.

I tried to write programs utilizing the mouse. But soon noticed that
this is not possible with MS-DOS QBasic.

In school (1995) I learned Pascal and wrote an application for our
schools IT department. It was a mask allowing you to configure the
IP-Adress for automated install from a bootdisk. It stored preconfigured
settings by appending a "struct" to the end of the .exe file so no
additional config files were required.

greetings,
Bernhard