[TYPO3-core] Skinning / Theming / ... / Discussion

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed Feb 20 17:30:37 CET 2013

Hello Søren, ( <- how to type "ø" on a german keyboard :D without cmd+c)

sure i have ideas about that :)

1. A skins consists of TS, using fluidpages, you may allow different
   page styles inside a theme.
   Using a different approach belayouts, the page layout or other
   properties can be used to style the page, you can atleast modify
   TCEMain settings with TSC of a theme.

   So in my words a theme is a set of pagelayouts which fit a corporate
   design e.g.:

	http://www.drk-dresden.de/
	http://www.drk-dresden.de/angebote/

   Technically my extension is not carring about how the pagelayouts
   are managed, as long as it's done with TSC and TS.
   I can also support different types of themes with adapters
   (e.g. for TVF)

2. I have built an extension called sitemgr, which allows multicustomer
   setups in a single TYPO3 installation and allows you define customer
   admins :D
   Each customer admin is able to create beusers, assign rights for a
   branch of the pagetree and delete users.

   Finally the customer admin can select a theme and set allowed
   tsconstants with a gui bypassing the tstemplate extension.

You may look at sitemgr here, the latest version is currently only
available directly on my vm, as i haven't uploaded it to svn yet :D

	http://themes.kay-strobach.de/
	http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-sitemgr

So you see, i'm building an ecosystem :D

Other things that might interest you:

	dyncss (less, scss, turbine):
		http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nccmp7hNCc
		http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-dyncss