[TYPO3-core] Skinning / Theming / ... / Discussion

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:43:05 CET 2013

Hi Kay,

Really interesting work!

One issue i see with a sys_template based solution is that regular editors
can't change the template.

sys_template is only available for admin users, and not editors without
admin rights.

Have you thought about bringing the theme selector into the "Page
properties" to make it a editor choice?

I see it as a great tool for the admin running a own site, but on a site
with several templates (graphical standard to follow), I might see it as a
issue that you need to create a sys_template and change the template there
- and you need to be admin to do that.

In my own EXT:fluidlayout, created templates are available in the Page
Properties, for the normal editor - just as an example.

I hope you will answer it, maybe share your thoughts on that subject :-)

Best regards,

Søren Malling

Twitter: twitter.com/sorenmalling