[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 10:48:24 CET 2013

Hi!

Stefano Cecere wrote:
> even if we can't insert an hook in each public function, it would be
> enough to declare a prototype snippet on how to apply this hook to the
> function we need to modify in the Core.
>
> each developer could then apply his hooks whenever needed, sure to use
> the best practices.
>
> what do you think?

Yes, this is a good idea. I think that one thing we really miss is
guidelines for developers: how to do stuff. That causes various issues. For
example, FAL now has hardcoded 'deleted=0 AND hidden=0' instead of proper
API usage. I guess devs simply did not know about API functions for that.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member

<strike>Simplicity</strike> Crocodiles will save the world.