[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Tue Feb 19 09:23:57 CET 2013

On 19/02/13 07:49, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> I had a crazy idea: to make a hook in each public system call to let
> extensions replace the entire method without XCLASSing. Only one hook
> can work (so, no arrays of hooks) but that would be far more flexible.

even if we can't insert an hook in each public function, it would be
enough to declare a prototype snippet on how to apply this hook to the
function we need to modify in the Core.

each developer could then apply his hooks whenever needed, sure to use
the best practices.

what do you think?

--

Stefano Cecere