[TYPO3-core] Age of developers

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:52:54 CET 2013

Hi!

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I have one more thing to bother you during the next time: I would like to
> know how old many of you are. Just to have an overview how much of
> evolving computers you have seen ...

Dmitry Dulepov, 39, born in 1973.

My first computer was an old USSR clone of IBM PC XT in the University. It
was a very slow PC with a 8086 CPU, no coprocessor, 10MB (MB!!!) HDD drive
and 512KB of RAM. I usually stayed till very late in the university and
than ran to the latest train to travel about 2h home :) It was a great time
with a very little sleeping time :) I learned that resources are not
unlimited and efficient coding allows to achieve more. Since that time I
always think about performance and memory first.

I learned coding using Turbo Pascal 5.0, which is a strongly typed
language, which does not forgive at all. Than I coded in assembler, C++,
Java and Python. From all these languages I love Python most.

I came to TYPO3... Hm. I do not remember when. But my first version was
something like 3.6.x and my first extension took me a month to code after I
learned TYPO3 for a month :) Now I would code it in 4h. I joined core team
by Kasper's invitation to help him with UI for workspaces. Than I took some
exts from him for maintainance when he announced his resignation.

TYPO3 is my life and job for many past years.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member

<strike>Simplicity</strike> Crocodiles will save the world.